9 Steps to build your website
You are listening to the Success Club Podcast. Hello and welcome to session 177. This week I am talking to you about the 9 Steps to build your website.
Hello and welcome to the Success Club Podcast, my name is Kaz Johnson and I am your host today, this is episode 177 and Today I am talking the steps you need to take to build your website.
1. Choose the right website builder for you.
There are many ways to build a website nowadays, from WordPress, to apps like Wix, Weebly, Squarespace, Shoppyfiy Woocommerce. Take time to find the right one that suits your needs. Often these builders have a free trial too.
Here are some things to consider when choosing one that suits your needs:-
1. Ease of Use
2. Value for money
3. Design Flexibility
5. Help and support
6. Customer Service
Then you need to make sure once your website built, you need to test and evaluate it
2. Sign up for a plan that suits your needs and budget.
You can choose one of the free websites, but you need to check that is does all that you need to do. Don’t compromise! Make sure that it has all the things you need for what your budget can afford.
3. Choose a unique and relevant domain name.
- When choosing your domain name, make sure it is congruent with what you do as your url is a reflextion of what you do.
- Make sure that it is short so that it is memorable
- Don’t have numbers in it as it is hard to remember and does not look very professional
4. Pick a design template you love.
If you don’t love it now, you will hate it later. Take time to choose a design that you love and is aligned with what you do
5. Customize your template design.
Here is when you put in the content, the text, and images, your colours that matches your brand, from the size and colours to images that relate to your brand.
6. Upload and format your own content
Now you need to upload your pages, blog, about us, contact us page, links, images and things that make your website your own. You can choose your own pictures that you took, or upload them from free free stock images from Pixabay
7. Choose and download apps.
Does your website have any features you can add? In WordPress, you can add free or paid for plugins that give your site more functionality
8. Preview and test your website.
Once your website is complete, you need to test it. First test it yourself to make site links work, your pictures load how you want them to and that your spelling and grammar is on point, it loads quickly, it fits the purpose you want it for, the formatting is constant. Then get a friend or colleague check it as well for feedback for ease of use.
9. Publish your website on the internet.
Once you have completed all the previous steps, it’s time to hit publish and get it found!
This podcast is sponsored by the Success Club, an online membership program that will help you plan, build and grow a successful business online with monthly master classes, quick wins, a weekly coaching session, as well as a whole host of resources too!