Avoiding overwhelm when trying to start a business
You are listening to the Success Club Podcast. Hello and welcome to session 181. This week I am talking to you about Avoiding overwhelm when trying to start a business
Hello and welcome to the Success Club Podcast, my name is Kaz Johnson and I am your host today, this is episode 181 and Today I am talking about Avoiding overwhelm when trying to start a business.
So, you’ve been thinking about starting a business? Awesome! You’re in the right place. Starting a business can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. A lot of people get overwhelmed with all the things they need to do when they start their new venture. The truth is that there are just a few key things that you should focus on first and then move onto other important tasks as time goes on.
The process of starting your own company can seem daunting. There are so many decisions that need to be made and it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the enormity of them all. Not only do you need to figure out what kind of company you want, but also how much money is needed for startup costs, how many employees will work for the company, what type of office space or virtual office will suit your needs, and more.
Luckily there are plenty of resources available online which provide valuable advice on each topic from selecting a name for your business to hiring staff.
This blog post outlines some helpful tips which could help make the process less overwhelming if you’re just considering
- Start small
- Make a plan for your business
- Be realistic about what you can achieve in the short term
- Know how much time and money you have to spend on the project, then prioritize accordingly
- Identify one or two things that are most important to do each day and focus on those tasks first before moving onto other tasks
However, there are many things to consider and even more that can go wrong! It is important to take your time and plan carefully for the future of your company so it doesn’t get overwhelmed from the start.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses
- Be realistic about how much time you have to devote to the business
- Get organized by setting up a schedule for yourself
- Keep in touch with friends and family, even if it’s just via social media or texting
- Don’t get too caught up in the details- focus on what needs to be done right now
Don’t forget that there are a lot of people that get overwhelmed with all the things they need to do when they start their new venture, you are not the only one The truth is that there are just a few key things that you should focus on first and then move onto other important tasks as time goes on if you want to avoid the overwhelm when trying to start a business.
This podcast is sponsored by the Success Club, an online membership program that will help you plan, build and grow a successful business online with monthly master classes, quick wins, a weekly coaching session, as well as a whole host of resources too!
Why not try out a free coaching session that will help you with your new business?
- How to get customers and clients online - June 7, 2021
- How to make these 3 simple changes and grow your business - May 24, 2021
- How to avoid feeling overwhelmed when starting a new online business - May 17, 2021