Getting more people to subscribe to your email list is hard.
If you’re a blogger, podcaster, or marketer who wants more subscribers for their email list then this article is for you. In it I’m going to share with you how we increased our subscriber numbers by over 50% in just 3 months using 4 simple strategies that anyone can use.Kaz Johnson Podcast, my name is Kaz Johnson and I am your host today, this is episode 208, and today I am talking to you about Getting more people to subscribe to your email list is hard.
If you’re looking for more subscribers to your email list, it’s time to start thinking outside the box. And this article is going to show you how we increased our subscriber numbers by over 50% in just 3 months using 4 simple strategies that anyone can use.
The solution starts with understanding what makes people tick and why they don’t want to give up their valuable personal information so easily. Once you understand the psychology behind why users are reluctant to subscribe then implementing these 6 strategies will be much easier…
The first thing I want you to do is to stop talking about a free trial or discount because those are old news and already expected from businesses online. Instead, talk about something new like exclusive content or access only available via subscribing to your newsletter. Second, don’t be afraid of sending newsletters out more often than once per week–in fact, try sending one every single day! Thirdly, get creative with the type of emails you send such as sharing behind-the-scenes!
But there’s one thing that most new and small businesses can do to get more people on their email list: build a list of subscribers through content marketing. In this blog post, we’ll cover the basics of how to use content marketing for building your subscriber list and some tips for getting started today.
1. Why email marketing is important
- You and I both know that most people don’t open their emails. In fact, only 24% of the marketers surveyed said they had an open rate of 50%. That means 76% of your potential customers are not even opening you emails! If you have even a moderately successful business, email is one of the most important ways to keep in touch with your customers. It’s also great for generating leads.
2. How to get more people to subscribe to your list
- I would suggest using a free tool to create an email opt-in box on your site. This is the best way to get more people who visit your website to subscribe and stay updated about what’s going on at your company. The best way to get more people to subscribe to your list is by giving tips. The first thing you should do is make sure the opt-in box looks good, like the one below.
3. Ways you can encourage people who have already subscribed to share their email address with others
- You can use a pop-up that asks people to share their email when they click on the link in your next email. If you want to grow your list, try using a free tool like ConvertKit and include something extra in your emails. This will encourage people who have already subscribed to share their email addresses with others on social media.
4. Best practices for sending out emails on a regular basis
- One of the best ways to create an email list is by giving away something for free. If you have physical products, write a blog post about them and offer one in exchange for signing up. You can also do this with ebooks or webinars. You don’t want to send out too many emails, but you do want to make sure that your subscribers feel appreciated. An email every week is a good idea.
5. The importance of segmenting your subscribers based on interests and needs
- So they receive the right information at the right time. It’s important to segment your subscribers into different lists so they all receive what they want. An example of this is to send the tech-savvy list a link to an article about web design, and then send the health/fitness list as an autoresponder. If you need a good tip on how to reach your audience, try segmenting your subscribers. You’ll be able to send messages that are more relevant and actually get read! So, I want to focus on two things today: how to segment your list and creating irresistible offers that will get people excited!
6. How to increase open rates by making your subject line interesting and compelling.
- One of the best ways to make sure your emails get opened is by using a strong subject line. Make it interesting and compelling so that people will want to click on it and read what you have to say! Also I’d recommend including a “call to action” somewhere in the body of your email. For example, let them know that if they don’t open it, they’ll miss out.
If you are looking for some help starting your online business, it can be overwhelming. So, we’ve created a 30-day challenge that will walk you through the steps to get your new business up and running in just one month.
It doesn’t matter if you have never started an online store before or even what kind of products or services you want to sell; we cover all this information with our step-by-step guide inside the online business Academy!
Join us today. You don’t need any prior experience because we’ll teach you everything from scratch! Are there certain topics that interest you more than others? Let us know so we can tailor each day’s lesson accordingly.
Signing up for our free 30-day challenge group will give you access to exclusive marketing resources that we don’t share with anyone else! Get ready to start growing your own business by following these simple steps now!
That’s it for this week. This Podcast is sponsored by the Online Business Academy, an online membership program that will help you plan, build and grow a successful business online with monthly master classes, quick wins, a weekly coaching session, as well as a whole host of resources as well and if you are thinking about starting an online business, why not start out with the challenge? You can get it here.