Creating a lead magnet that will increase your sales
You are listening to the Kaz Johnson Show. Hello and welcome to session 101 This week I am talking to you about creating a lead magnet that will increase your sales
Hello and welcome to the Kaz Johnson Show, my name is Kaz Johnson and I am your host today, this is episode 101 and today I am talking about creating a lead magnet that will increase your sales.
But you need to create a lead magnet that is right for your business, otherwise, you will not attract the right people to your business.
By starting with the end in mind you need to plan what do you want to achieve? Do you have a course on a subject you want people to join, or maybe you have a membership program that you want people to enrol in. By giving out some free content either as a checklist or perhaps some information from your course or membership, you could give away for free that will help them achieve their pain point.
In giving away some free content, you will align your business with your ideal customer, which brings me to your ideal client.
What do you want to sell? If you are going to sell an ebook, perhaps you could give away a free chapter. If you are selling a course or membership program, then a checklist would be an ideal lead magnet here.
What can you offer them for free that will help them solve a problem? By offering something easy for them to digest that will help solve people’s problems, you will make it easy for them to give away their email addresses. More and more people these days guard their email addresses and will only let you have it if you can help them in any way shape or form and especially if you can solve a problem for them.
Now you know what the objective is for your lead magnet and what you are going to offer, you now need to set up your system so that you can create your lead magnet and deliver it to them, and that it remains evergreen as well.
1.. Create the offering, so for example if you are going to create a digital downloadable like an ebook or checklist. You can create an ebook easily from a collection of your blog posts and put them into a book using software like Designerr, I will put a link to that and any other resources I mention in the show notes for you, just go to kazjohnson.com/101
- Upload the digital product to somewhere like Amazon S3. Amazon S3 is a place you can store files from downloads to audio and video, you can store these files really cheaply, it’s safe and really relabel too!
- Create a list in your email software, then create a series of autoresponders, this will be your sales funnel that you have a series of emails going to the subscriber over a period of time. The first email will have the downloadable link in it that you have copied from
- Create a blog post with the topic that relates to your lead magnet
- Create your opt-in box on your blog that links up to your mailing list.
- Share your blog post on social media – if it is evergreen content, then requeue your blog in a social media tool like Co-schedule. This is the tool that I use to share my content and I also put it in the re-share tool too, once set I can just forget it and move onto my next blog content
So there you have it, that is my system for creating a lead magnet, I also make sure that I also add the words on my opt-in box, ‘that I will also send you weekly tips, offers, and updates straight to your inbox’. That way they know that I will also be sending out my weekly newsletter to them, so that even when my series of emails have gone out, that they will still be updated with all my news, offers and updates so that I can keep my relationship with them going.
Resources mentioned in this post:-
The Success Club
Thank you for joining me this week whilst I talk about Creating a lead magnet that will increase your sales
- Getting more people to subscribe to your email list is hard. - July 26, 2021
- 9 Ways to Create an Online Business Plan to Grow Your Company! - July 19, 2021
- How to get more clients without spending money - July 12, 2021