You are listening to the Success Club Podcast. Hello and welcome to session 145. This week I am talking to you about 5 tips for new bloggers
Hello and welcome to the Success Club Podcast, my name is Kaz Johnson and I am your host today, this is episode 145 and today I am talking about 5 tips for new bloggers.
So now you have your website set up, that’s ok if you don’t have it done yet I walk you through the steps in this mini ‘How to Set up your website,’ and I have a mini-training here, if you want to set up a WordPress website, but for now, now you need to learn how to get traffic to your website, and today I am going to be talking about getting organic traffic to your website, so I have 5 tips for new bloggers.
1. Set up your social media channels.
- By focusing on just 2 channels at first will help you with staying consistent, this all helps with your customers as they know that you are trusted to be someone who is there no matter what and we all buy from someone who is to be trusted, right?
- Also by focusing on just 2 channels at the beginning helps with your confidence. It shows you that you can build a following and that you are good at building a loyal tribe, these are people who follow you and buy from you no matter what!
2. Remain consistent – pick a day, a month, or week.
- I tend to push out a blog every Monday and I make sure that I have some lined up in advance and set it to scheduled – just because I got very sick once and it took ages for me to catch up, from where I left off!
- Your readers will get to know your publishing schedule and will look forward to your next post and sign up for any new thing that you produce
3. Content calendar
- If you get a content calendar set up, it will help you to focus on what you need to be doing and focusing on the now. I have a Free training for Co-schedule for you here.
- I also have a free downloadable calendar for you that is easy to implement and remain consistent! After all, this is what you are aiming for, right? To be consistent!
4. Google Analytics
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic it is free to join.
- By creating your Google analytics account, you are able to see what works, what doesn’t work, which is a great free tool that you need to be able to analyse your blog, you can test and tweak your blog.
- There are so many reasons you should sign up for a free account that it is too many to name here, but here are a just a general overview of features that it offers the answer to some of your questions like:-
- Which pages on my website are the most popular?
- How many people visit my website?
- What websites send traffic to my website?
- Where do my visitors live?
- Do I need a mobile-friendly website?
- What marketing tactics drive the most traffic to my website?
- How many visitors have I converted into leads or customers?
- Where did my converting visitors come from and go on my website?
- How can I improve my website’s speed?
- What blog content do my visitors like the most?
- By tracking these, you get a great free tool that helps you test, evaluate, and tweak your website that will get your best return on your investment.
5. Call to action (CTA) –
- It’s great that someone has landed on your website, but you need a call to action if you are going to start a good engaging relationship with your readers.
- All blog posts should have at least three, yes three calls to action and they should be placed at the top of your post, in the sidebar, and also at the Botton of your post.
- Look at your email provider, they may offer a great way for your readers to opt into your email list!
- You need a good lead magnetic if your readers are going to sign in to your call to action. Test them out and see what works best for you. I tend to write mine in Designerr as they offer you a way of creating great resources all for just $27 and you can keep your theme on-brand as well as the ability to create a resource from your blog too!
- A great resource for adding calls to your blog post is Convertbox – they just keep adding more and more features. As well as pop-ups, they now offer you the choice to do inline, which is a great way off adding three different CTA’s to your website and to see how well they are performing as well as the ability to turn them on and off depending on what your promotions calendar looks like!
This podcast is sponsored by the Success Club, an online membership program that will help you plan, build and grow a successful business online with monthly master classes, quick wins, a monthly Q and A session as well as a whole host of resources too!
In the meantime, why not join the Success Club Blog Challenge?
It’s free to join and as an exclusive member of my team, you will get access to my free resource library and training webinars. You will also receive a weekly insight on how to build and grow an online business.
That’s it for this week, so thank you for joining me this week whilst I talked about 5 tips for new bloggers
Join the Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSuccessClubUK